Guidelines for Renunciation of Pakistan Citizenship
To renounce Pakistan Nationality, the applicants would have to surrender all their valid and expired passports and national identification cards. Following are the guidelines/ documents required in this regard:-
- Pakistanis under the age of 21 cannot renounce their citizenship independently. However, their names could be included in the renunciation application of their father.
- If the applicant is minor, please provide data and place of birth of the child with original documentary evidence such as Form “B” Form “S” or NICOP/Child Registration Card.
- $ 100 fee is required to be deposited in the Bank.
- Notarized application and signed request with reason for renunciation of citizenship is required having motioned the reason of renunciation of citizenship. In case renunciation is due to a federal job requirement, a letter from the requiring authority.
- Notarized/certified copy of Turkish Passport and citizenship certificate would be needed.
- Form X completed and duly signed by the applicant. This form could be downloaded from the box link below. Form will be attested by this Consulate. Those sending their cases by mail should enclose notarized copy of Form X.
- An email and mobile of the applicant need to be written on Form X, enabling authorities in Pakistan to contact the applicant directly if some information/documents are needed.
- All Pakistani passports (valid and expired) in original along with one set of copies of each passport are required (mandatory for the processing).
- Applicant’s seven photos with white or light blue background taken within last six months to be provided. All photos must be cut out in size of size “2 x 2”.
- Applicant should have CNIC/NICOP and valid passport. He/she may provide his/her correct and complete address in Pakistan along with two reference in Pakistan along telephone number in case police verification of his/her antecedents is required (from hometown).
- Four copies of Computer Performa duly filled in (available on the Consulate General Istanbul website).
- In case the applicant does not have CNIC/NICOP or Pakistani Passport, the applicant will have to prove that under the relevant provisions of law he/she is citizen of Pakistan and also submit evidence in this regards. He/she may submit NICOP after acquiring it from NADRA.
- After approval of renunciation application from Immigration department, applicant may apply for CNIC/ NICOP cancellation online at id.nadra.gov.pk.
- Original CNIC/NICOP to be submitted to the Consulate General at the time of renunciation application. The CNIC/NICOP will have to be cancelled online by the applicant on: nadara.gov.pk.
- The applicant would need to submit Credit Card Payment Receipt of cancellation of CNIC/NICOP along with the renunciation application. (In case of any query kindly feel free to contact on: +92-51-9208606, +92-51-90391917 Hussain@nadra.gov.pk).
- Applicants can check status of their application by sending as email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The applicant will be apprised of the response when received from the concerned quarters.
- Incomplete information will not be entertained.
- Once application of renunciation is approved, you cannot claim citizenship again.