Power of Attorney
To ease the overseas Pakistani who are unable to visit Pakistan Embassies/Consulates, the Government of Pakistan has launched a new service of Online Power of Attorney.
However, Online Power of Attorney will not be processed on the same day as it requires scheduling of interview with the applicant.
Please visit https://poa.nadra.gov.pk/
Currently Online/Digital Power of Attorney is not operational at this Consulate and only manual Power of Attorney (PoA) is processing at Istanbul.
Moreover, manual Power of Attorney is more convenient as compare to the Digital PoA. Manual Power of Attorney is done on the same day.
Guidelines for Manual Power of Attorney:
The applicant has to visit the Consulate in person along with his/her already prepared Power of Attorney (the consulate do not prepare the text of the Power of Attorney).
The Consulate will only attest the Power of Attorney and return the same to the applicant on the same day.
Please also bring your current picture along with copies of Passport/Turkish Kimlik.
40$ is the fee to process the Power of Attorney. (Fee only to be paid in the Bank in US$)
Guidelines for Digital Power of Attorney:
Application Submission Guidelines
The online application procedure is simple in 6 steps. Guide on how to apply is online https://poa.nadra.gov.pk/how-to-apply/
Applicant will access the PoA Portal to create their account by providing their e-mail address along with other details.a
Applying for POA
Once successfully signed up and authenticated (via OTP), the executor can Apply Online for PoA by submitting required documents.
Applicant will upload biometrics on the provided Fingerprint form.
Applicant will pay the required fee for the application and receive results of biometric verification.
The Consular Officer will schedule and conduct an online (video) interview with the applicant to determine the final decision on the case.
A system-generated email is sent to the applicant’s registered e-mail address to acquire the Final Consent for POA issuance
Eligibility and Pre-requisites
Before submitting an Online Power of Attorney (PoA) application, Applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be an Overseas Pakistani.
- Details of Attorney and Witnesses
- Valid Identity document of each Applicant including CNIC / NICOP / POC.
- Valid Identity document of each Witness including CNIC / NICOP / POC.
- Valid Identity document of the Attorney including CNIC / NICOP / POC.
- Valid e-mail address
- Contact Number and Mailing Address in the country of application (outside of Pakistan)
- Biometrics of Applicant (Best 4 fingers)
- Biometrics of 2x Witnesses (Best 4 fingers)
- Credit Card / Debit Card to make online Fee Payment within the application
- Actual Power of Attorney (scanned copy to be uploaded in the PoA system by Applicant)
- Any other relevant documents (for example Affidavit, where applicable, to be uploaded in the PoA system by Applicant)
- In case of a Foreigner, the Applicant is required to physically visit the concerned Pakistan Mission Abroad after having their documents attested from their country’s State Department/Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- NADRA in collaboration with Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) has developed an automated, digital process for issuance of Power of Attorney for Overseas Pakistanis residing abroad. Using the system, Overseas Pakistanis can apply and obtain the Power of Attorney (PoA) from the convenience of their homes, without having to physically visit the Pakistani Foreign Mission (FM) which may be located at a significant distance.